地道英语口语素材:跟英国人学学怎么“吹牛”
英国人素以“绅士风度”闻名,为了礼貌,英国人不得不把white lies挂在嘴边。最新研究证实,英国人平均每天要说谎四次!但是,我们从这些little lies中却可以学到不少短小精悍的地道口语表达。让我们一起跟着英国人学“吹牛”吧~
Researchers found the average Briton tells on average four lies every day or almost 1500 every year.
研究发现,每个英国人平均每天要说谎四次,或者每年约说谎1500次。
A spokesman for OnePoll, which carried out the research of 4,300 adults, said: "As a nation we are obsessed with trying to be nice and not upsetting people.
该研究由英国市场调查公司OnePoll策划,共调查了4300位英国成年人。其发言人对研究结果表示“我们民族太讲究礼貌了,(说谎是为了)不想让别人感到不适。”
"Often little white lies can paper over what we actually want to say. Most of these were considered either completely harmless or tactically necessary depending on the situation in which they are delivered."
“人们说的这些善意的小谎言是为了掩饰我们真正想说的话。大多数小谎言都是完全无害的,或者说这些小谎言是在特定情况下必须用的战术手段。”
He added: "It was sad to see a string of compliments in the top 50, but once again in many cases perhaps it is better to flatter with a fib than destroy someone with the truth."
这位发言人还表示,“在人们最常说的50句谎言中,有很多是恭维话,这不是一件好事。但是,需要再次强调的是,与其说实话而伤害到别人,不如说些可以让人高兴的小谎话,这样做似乎更合适。”
TOP 50 MOST COMMON LIES
最常说的50句谎话
1. I had no signal.
(那会儿)手机没信号。
2. I haven"t got any cash on me.
我身上没带钱。
3. Nothing"s wrong – I"m fine.
没事,我挺好的。
4. You look lovely.
你真漂亮(帅)。
5. Nice to see you.
看到你真高兴。
6. I"ll give you a ring.
我会给你打电话。
7. We"re just good friends.
我们只是好朋友而已啦。
8. We"ll have to meet up soon.
咱们很快会再见。
9. I"m on my way.
我在路上呢。
10. No, your bum doesn"t look big in that.
你的屁股看着没那么大。
11. Sorry, I missed your call.
抱歉,我没收到你的电话。
12. I"ll give up tomorrow.
明天起我就改。
13. I"m not angry with you.
我没生你的气。
14. The traffic was bad.
路上堵车了。
15. I"ve had this for ages.
这东西我早就有了。
16. It wasn"t that expensive.
没那么贵。
17. This will be my last pint.
就喝这最后一杯了。
学更多地道英语关注实战英语口语交流
实战英语口语交流
微信公众号:practiceEnglish (长按微信号复制关注)
提高美语思维,英语口语,英语歌训练语音语调,每日一篇西方文化学习关注微信快速提高英语。